Sunday, November 24, 2013

Joseph Campbell knows a thing or two!

Campbell:  Ramakrishna once said that if all you think of are your sins, then you are a sinner.  And when I read that, (Joseph Campbell), I thought of my boyhood, going to confession on Saturdays, meditating on all the little sins that I had committed during the week.

 Now I think one should go and say,  "Bless me, Father, for I have been great, these are the good things I have done this week."

 Identify your notion of yourself with the positive, rather than with the negative.

 The idea of sin puts you in a servile condition throughout your life.

                                              and

In India there is a beautiful greeting, in which the palms are placed together, and you bow to the other person. 

The position of the palms together--this we use when we pray, do we not?  That is a greeting which says that the god that is in you recognizes the god in the other.  These people are aware of the divine presence in all things.  When you enter an Indian home as a guest, you are greeted as a visiting deity. 



              Be kind to yourself and cause no harm to other living beings.  Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment