Monday, October 11, 2010

Vegetarians-They said...




George Orwell (author) If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.

Margaret Mead "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever does."

Walt Disney If you can dream it, you can do it.

Ingrid Newkirk (PETA National Director) "Recognize meat for what it really is: the antibiotic-and pesticide-laden corpse of a tortured animal."

k.d. lang (musician) I grew up in cattle country-that's why I became a vegetarian. Meat stinks, for the animals, the environment, and your health.

Kim Bassinger If you could see or feel the suffering you wouldn't think twice. Give back life. Don't eat meat.

Rabindranath Tagore (poet, Nobel 1913) We manage to swallow flesh, only because we do not think of the cruel and sinful thing we do. There are many crimes which are the creation of man himself, the wrongfulness of which is put down to their divergence from habit, custom, or tradition. But cruelty is not of these. It is a fundamental sin, and admits of no arguments or nice distinctions. If only we do not allow our heart to grow callous, it protests against cruelty, is always clearly heard; and yet we go on perpetrating cruelties easily, merrily, all of us-in fact, any one who does not join in is dubbed a crank.

Franz Kafka (novelist) Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you anymore.

Purushartha Siddhyupaya (Janism) Flesh cannot be procured without causing destruction of life; one who uses flesh, therefore, commits himsa (injury) unavoidably.

Leonardo Da Vinci (artist and scientist) I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.

Will Kellogg (creator "Kellogg's Corn Flakes") How can you eat anything with eyes?

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I understand this is sort of off-topic but I needed to ask. Does building a well-established website such as yours require a massive amount work? I'm brand new to running a blog however I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is important and everything. But imagine if you added some great pictures or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this website could undeniably be one of the most beneficial in its field. Excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete