Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Food Bars and Meal-Replacement Shakes

Dr. Diana Schwarzbein shares her views on food bars and protein shakes or other types of liquid shakes as meal replacements. 
.They are not real food.
.They do not contain healthy ingredients.
.They are not a balanced meals; they either have too many carbohydrates or too many proteins.
.They usually are filled with refined or artificial sugars.
.They usually contain too much salt.
.They are poor sources of protein.
.They contain damaged fats and another toxic chemicals.
.They go through your digestive system and enter your bloodstream too quickly, causing unwanted hormonal fluctuations.

However, if you can find food bars that do not contain chemicals and are made from healthy foods, you may eat them as a snack as long as you balance them with the food groups that are missing.

The Schwarzbein Principle 11  The Transition  Diana Schwarzbein, M.D.

p.s.  I can help you with your nutrition program, really!!  Real food and real results.

3 comments:

  1. so true Kep! you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was searching the net looking for some cool stuff and stummbled accross your site. I wanted to let you know that I think your site has some good pages and that I have already saved this page so I can visit again soon Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been meaning to read this and just never acquired a chance. Its an issue that Im really interested in, I just started reading and Im glad I did. Youre a fantastic blogger, one of the ideal that Ive seen. This blog absolutely has some information on topic that I just wasnt aware of. Thanks for bringing this stuff to light.

    ReplyDelete